Lola over at Lola's Diner is having a Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival Feb 16-22.
Like many of you, a vacation is just not in the cards due to finances. So Lola came upon the idea of the Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival. Since Lola can't go on vacation and many of you can't either, Lola thought it would be great to have us all write about our favorite/most memorable vacation. If we don't have a favorite/memorable vacation, we can make one up! I NEED A VACATION TOO! I'm in!
Here are the rules:
1. To participate, you must post the Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival Badge and rules on your website and link back to Lola’s Diner so participants can sign up with Mr. Linky and they can find out more about it. Click here for Lola's Diner's Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival and to get the HTML Code for your blog.
2. Sign up with Mr. Linky TODAY to let us know you plan on participating.
3. On Monday, February 16th thru Sunday, February 22nd stop by Lola’s Diner to link to your individual Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival post instead of your home page. (Here is how you link to an individual post if you’ve never done it before: Right click on the date at the bottom of the post you want to link to (or the post title depending on where you blog) click “Copy Shortcut” and then paste it into Mr. Linky.If you make a mistake with your link just try again. Either I will delete the mistake or you can click on the smiley face next to your link and delete it yourself. You may need to hit “refresh” to see the smiley face on your screen.
4. Anyone is welcome to join. Just write your post and come back to Lola’s Diner Monday, February 16th thru Sunday, February 22nd to leave the link to your post in Mr. Linky at the bottom of my Sunday, February 15th Margaritaville Carnival post.)
5. During the Carnival, Monday, February 16th thru Sunday, February 22nd, you must blog about your most memorable vacation. Include photographs from your vacation if you can. If you don’t have a memorable vacation, then make it up! Blog about your fantasy vacation if you must.
6. During your Cabin Fever Margaritaville Carnival blog reading session wear a Hawaiian shirt, tie dye or other colorful shirt. Shorts optional.
7. You must provide your own frosty blender beverage or a cold one. (Alcohol or non-alcoholic, your choice. If you choose alcohol, don’t drink and drive.)
8. Turn up the heat/turn on the lights or open the drapes for the day you participate. No bundling up with a sweatshirt or a fleece Snuggie (The idea is to behave as though you're on a tropical vacation, not as though you're stuck in the frozen tundra.)
9. Sponge cake, six string, porch swing and flip-flops optional.