FIRE CROTCH ROCKET

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Little Water Sports

Many of my blogger friends from my blog Lola's Diner know I am a major insomniac. I love late night commercials and I just saw the Bathroom Flooding commercial for QCI Restoration.

Oh my word! My kids did this one hot summer day when we lived in Chicago. Well not quite...Minus the scuba gear and the duck. Lol!

We had a 2 story house. The kids were supposed to be in their room playing or napping. My daughter was about 5 at the time, my son 3. I was in the basement doing laundry when I heard water dripping above the boiler, just across the way from the washer. WTF? I ran upstairs, and still at a run I had to suddenly stop myself because I saw water on the kitchen floor across from the bathroom. Had I continued to run, I would have slipped and broken my neck for sure. I opened the bathroom door to find water raining down into the first floor bathroom.

I left the bathroom, went into the living room and broke into a full out run to the stairs and ran upstairs. When I got upstairs, the carpet at the top of the stairs was drenched.

I opened the bathroom door to find my daughter in her undies (nothing else), standing on a kiddy chair, the sink full of water. Water cascading over the sides of the sink. She was dipping her hands in the water and splashing it on her face and chest. My son was standing in only his diaper, splashing his hands in the water. The look on my daughter's face was priceless. The shock, the horror. I wish I could have grabbed my camera! She was caught red handed. (wet handed? Lol!) Before I could even say 'what are you doing?', both of them burst into tears and ran out to their rooms, my daughter slipping and falling on her behind, then scrambling to get to her room. I turned off the water and took the mounds of toilet paper they had shoved in the drain to stop it up. I then had a nice chat with them about how we don't stuff toilet paper in the drain and leave the water running.

This whole incident wasn't without cost. I ended up having to replace all the ceiling tiles in the first floor bathroom and strip the tile and replace the sub floor in both bathrooms. I also had to replace a joist. Yup, it's good to be a handy dyke.

A guest post by Lola @ Lola's Diner ©2008-2009
©2008-2009 Firecrotch Rocket

1 comment:

Cher said...

Wow! I think I would just sit down and cry!