FIRE CROTCH ROCKET

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Hate Crimes Bill Signed Into Law

Obama Signs Hate Crimes Bill Into Law - Huffington Post

Check out Matthew Shepard Act for more details on the bill.

I have to say that I'm very pleased that President Obama came through on his promise.

"Representative John A. Boehner of Ohio, the House Republican leader, called the legislation radical social policy. “The idea that we’re going to pass a law that’s going to add further charges to someone based on what they may have been thinking, I think is wrong,” Mr. Boehner said."

I disagree with Representative Boehner (I wonder how that's pronounced, lol!). I think that any time someone is singled out and victimized because of their sexual orientation, it's wrong. We add further charges when a person is victimized because of their race or religion, it is only fair that we protect gays, lesbians, bi-sexuals and transgendered people in the same manner.


Please check out my post at Lola's Diner. I need to raise $250 to avoid foreclosure on my house. I'm selling Ad Space as well as Guest Blog Posts. I am also taking donations. Please check out my post and if you can help, I would be very grateful. Prayers are also welcome.

©2008-2009 Fire Crotch Rocket

No comments: