FIRE CROTCH ROCKET

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Colorado Governor Signs Designated Beneficiary Agreement Act

There's been a lot of headway lately in gaining some of the civil rights gays and lesbians have been excluded from. Vermont and Iowa about a week ago. According to The Advocate, on Thursday, Colorado Governor Bill Ritter signed Colorado House Bill 1260, the Designated Beneficiary Agreement Act, "which allows unmarried adult couples -- including same-sex partners -- some of the legal rights afforded to married couples; the legislation delivers expanded rights in areas including inheritance matters, medical decisions, and hospital visitation."

This isn't gay marriage, or civil unions, but it is a step towards equal rights. A baby step perhaps, but it is a step in the right direction

©2008-2009 Firecrotch Rocket

2 comments:

I am Harriet said...

Geez Lola....this is my first time here and I'm one of your biggest fans...wth?

Lola said...

@ Harriet - What are you doing? Sleeping at the wheel? I've been writing for Anastasia's blog, Fire Crotch Rocket for a couple of months now and I put her widget on my sidebar as being one of my blogs around the time I started up Lola's Victory Garden. So it's been there awhile.

Before that I had FCR in my Blog Roll.

ROTFLMAO! Hehehehehehe.